There are powerful ways to boost your happiness and success on a deep and permanent basis … you will routinely discover those in the popular and free Intense Experiences newsletter.
BUT there are also powerful ways to boost your happiness right now … and who doesn’t like right now? I call these “little intense experiences,” and you will also discover these routinely in the free Intense Experiences newsletter. Below are nine of the latest and greatest!
1) Give a Gift to Someone Studies show that buying something for yourself doesn't improve happiness, but giving a gift to someone else does! Check out the Top 50 Unique Gifts for some original, fun, and useful
2) Transform the Grumpy. Today, or tomorrow … and ideally everyday when you discover what happens … find the grumpiest looking person you can and compliment him or her on something. His shirt, her eyes, it doesn’t matter. He or she likely hasn’t smiled, but especially consider complimenting them on their smile … and then watch as the
smile unfolds. (Also read How a Simple “X” Written on Your Hand Can Profoundly Change Lives... Including Your Own.)
3) Discover If Your Frog Is Boiling. Read Dr. Richard Maddow’s short, powerful book, Is Your Frog Boiling? If you drop a frog into a pot of boiling water, it will immediately jump out. But if you place the frog in a pot of room temperature water and slowly raise the heat, word has it the frog will stay there till it boils to death. Is the same thing happening to you? Discover the ten signs your frog may
be boiling, and what to do about it, in this entertaining and enlightening little book!
4) Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy. Sing your favorite song, or an entire concert of your favorite songs, at the top of your lungs. If you have the courage, do this somewhere in public where you will amaze people … either by demonstrating what a great singer you are, or by demonstrating what a horrid but courageous singer you are. And if
you do it publicly, videotape it please and send it to me. ☺ Otherwise, go take a private drive or private shower (versus those public showers you are so fond of) with the express purpose of singing at the top of your lungs.
Oh, and if you are looking for a few good sing-at-the-top-of-your-lungs songs, consider December 1963 (Oh, What a Night) by The Four Seasons, Save a Horse, Ride a Cowboy by Big & Rich, You Shook Me All Night Long by AC/DC, Time to Say Goodbye as sung by Andea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman, and Whoomp! There It Is by Tag Team. I do a timeless mix of these in
5) Get Your Body Ironed. Or as it is more commonly known, go get a really good massage. If you’ve had a good one before, I really don’t need to say anything more. If you haven’t had a good one before, or you haven’t had one at all before, you are quite frankly missing a little journey to Paradise … and all you’ve gotta’ do on the
journey is just lay there! How can you find out who gives a really good massage? The best way is to ask your friends, and to remember that usually a certified massage therapist is your best bet.
6) Watch Central Station Be Transformed. This is perfect visual and aural metaphor for what an intense experience is! Watch the transformation of people normally moving through life way too quickly and with their heads, and spirits, down, in this magical short video.
7) Bang the Drum Slowly. Download and listen to some of the 100 songs with the most beautiful lyrics ever … including the touching “Bang the Drum Slowly” by Emmylou Harris and 99 others. Sing along. Dance. Raise your lighter high, or if you are under the age of
twenty-five, raise your cell phone high. Feel the songs.
8) Shoot Them! Grab your camera … or someone’s camera, but make sure they know you and okay it … and go take some pictures of your favorite things. Flowers. The sea. The snow. Armadillos. Clouds. Coleslaw. Your husband’s butt. Whatever it is you love, frame it from different angles, try different lighting, and shoot it. This is a
beautiful way of paying homage to those little things (or big things … I don’t know your husband) that add light to your life.
9) Get In On 23 Important Secrets. Free. Read “The 23 Most Important Secrets to Achieve Deep Happiness” book, which I am giving away FREE right now in eBook form. (NOTE: If you are already an Intense Experiences subscriber but you haven’t yet received this book, you still
can: I recommend entering a different email address to get it. (Be sure to watch your inbox for instant access to it!))
AND a bonus one for good luck … cut and paste the web address of this page and send it on to anyone you know who will appreciate any and all of these ways to boost their happiness today!
Because spreading happiness is of course a mighty powerful way to be happier. ☺